As promised, I used more colours, opting for bright greens, pinks and yellows in the flowers and leaves, plus some blues in the stitching and gems around the diecut.
Recently, whilst my Scrapbooking stash has been packed away for moving, I have been browsing blogs and looking for new tutorials to feed my creative addiction! Yes it just made me want to scrap even more, but I picked up a lot of hints and tips which I can now finally put into practice!
One of which was how to make shutters from corrugated cardboard! I love the effect, and it is so simple, plus a lot cheaper than buying ready made chipboard ones! You could make these to fit your page or photo…in fact i shall have to find the link to the tutorial!
So I used this new Kaisercraft diecut sheet as a base for this LO. I loved the detailed shape…a bit like one huge doily!
Now I LOVE a brickwork effect. I have numerous stamps, embossing folders, masks and papers…but I wanted quite a strong, detailed brickwork pattern n this page, to go around the window.
So I simply used a this black pen to lightly draw some lines horizontally, then a few verticals to make the bricks. Then I just mixed a squirt of brown and pink glimmermist with a bit of water onto a nonstick sheet and used a small flat paintbrush to fill in the bricks, ensuring the colour faded out towards the edges. It is a really cost effective way of getting this up-to-date effect.