An Altered Alarm Clock

Today I would like to show you an Altered clock I created using Dusty Attic paint and chipboard pieces….
 
 
I started by taking the casing of the clock apart, and laying it all out. I used DA paint in Crushed Olive and covered all the metal parts.
 
 

                                     

 
Before reconstructing the clock again, I continued to distress the casing some more with a small brickwork stamp and some sandpaper. 

 
For the brickwork base, I drew around the casing onto a sheet of cardstock and cut it. I used DA chipboard bricks to create a wall effect and adhered them with hot glue.

 
Before gluing the wall effect backing in, I used a range of DA paints and a small stiff brush to stipple colour onto the bricks.

 
For the chipboard fence and vines, I used DA paints again but this time I used a small sponge to dab colour on and blend it in where needed.

Lastly I simply added some blooms and metal pieces to build up the secret garden look.

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s