Altered Book Cover with Dusty Attic…

Today I would like to share with you a Dusty Attic Note Book that I have altered the front cover of. Now, I am one of those people who HAVE to keep lists. Then I need lists to remind me of the lists I have. So I needed a place to put all of these lists, note and to-dos down in one place, hence, the new notebook 🙂 …and since this will mostly be a work/crafting book, it signifies fun but also time management!
 
After Gessoing, spritzing, texturizing the cover, I cut up and glued down some of the Dusty Attic Clock skeletons. These are not a New DA product, but definitely one I will constantly keep in my stash!
I painted and spritzed these to a similar effect as the cover, and added some more spritz after they had been stuck down to allow drips to run around the chipboard shapes.

 

I then had fun stamping, gluing on metal embellishments and an assortment of Dusty Attic Blooms. These were already spritzed to match the colours used so far, but once in situ, I added some gesso and more spritz until I was happy with the end result.

The final finishing touch was the DA ‘Fun Times’ chipboard words. I kept these simple with solid black acrylic, and then a brush of gesso to highlight.

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s